Monday, May 18, 2009

A First!

This has never, ever, ever, ever, never, ever happened before! I have to document this because it may never happen again!

This weekend a lady walked up to us a we were finishing our dinner in a restaurant, to compliment us on how good and well behaved Abbie Girl and Little Man were! Yahooooo!!!!!!!!!! Yipeeeeeee!!!!!! Hallelujah!
I think I barely got a "thank You" out since I was in total shock and almost choked on my food!

Little did she know that they were starving and since it was a Mexican food restaurant they had chips to occupy their time before their food came! 

So, lesson learned here! Keep them hungry before going out into public and have food to keep them busy around people! lol
IMG_5658

11 comments:

Stacie said...

Love it!

Leah and Maya said...

Hey take it, being good is being good, no matter what the circumstances, but chips probably do help and being really hungry, good think to document you never know it could happen again, someday.

Spudsnsalsa said...

I've taken to making a point of telling toddlers who are behaving well how good they are being. Firstly, because I think it helps reinforce the parents directives when they hear it from a stranger and secondly, as a POST-toddler Mom I know how much it can lift the mood for the parents!!! Glad a fellow complimenter made your day! Besides, nothing like some quick and easy carbs. to bring the blood sugar up :)
Suz

Hannah said...

I don't know if we have EVER gotten a comment on Sophia acting well. Way to go!!

Leslie said...

Yep thats what we do!!! CONGRATS!

I love Abbies outfit! CUTE!

Valerie said...

Take the compliments when you can get them. It just lifts your day when you do get them. I got one the day before Mother's Day when I bravely took the kids out shopping by myself. It made my day!

I love the pic. They look like they are trying to be innocent, but are really up to something.

aamayna said...

That is great! I doubt I will ever get that!! haha!!!

Alyssa said...

great tips! :) Sounds like a great mom moment to treasure.

Lisa said...

Tee hee... I am 28 and my sis is 22, and we have NEVER been complimented on our behavior (in public or other wise) to date! LOL Congratulations!!!

Steph said...

Haha! Oh, yes...chips always work in our family, too! (I admit, I recently bribed with chips to avoid a meltdown in public. Isn't that awful?!?!)

I love that picture. So adorable!

Rhonda said...

tooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are both adorable and I am sure they enjoyed all the free chips b/4 dinner!!!